Saturday, September 12, 2009

Paleo Day 3

Am Weight: 134 so it's steadily dropping. Couldn't bring myself to eat any eggs or meat for breakfast this morning. I settled on nuts, yet again. I'm a little concerned that I'm eating way too many almonds but as long as I'm dropping weight I'm going to assume I'm not getting too many fats??? Anyone know about this? Riley and I worked on the lawn all morning and then we went out for lunch and I ate grilled salmon, grilled mushrooms, and a plain salad. The salmon & mushrooms tasted awesome. I get bored with my own cooking and routine foods that eating different foods that someone else prepared was the boost I needed today. And, yes, I was that annoying customer who informed the waiter that I couldn't have dairy so please make sure none of my food was cooked in butter. He was great and I was able to rest assured that I wasn't cheating.
Also, Nat's continuing to send me great articles, blogs, & recipes that have encouraged this journey. I've been reading a little on what other paleo followers eat and I think I'm going to try to incorporate un-sweetened coconut milk this week. Tonight was Riley's cheat night and it was killing me not to indulge in the ice cream & chocolate, but I resisted and I feel proud of myself. Strawberries, peaches, & mango tea got me through. :) I think a new food like the coconut milk would feel like a treat to look forward to. Physically, though, I feel good. I still feel strong, although I find myself getting irritable quickly. if I eat immediately the crankiness usually subsides within 15 min. Tomorrow's my long run day so I'm eager to observe how my body handles the run, both during & after. It's kind of fun being my own experiment!

1 comment:

D. Frazier said...

Michelle, have you looked under nutrition in the CFFB? They follow Paleo plus dairy. Might be something to look into it makes getting enough protein easier.