Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back Squat & Abs

We're taking off this afternoon to spend the holiday weekend in Michigan. Not sure how much I'll get to workout there, so I needed to get my dreaded back squat in.
am: BS 5x90, 3x105, 5x115. The way this program has been working is I do as many I can on the last set. So, while last week was 11 at 105 lbs, this week I could only get 5 at 115 and in fact I dropped the weight on 6. Legs felt heavy today and I feel sluggish. I think yesterday's long run has caught up to me today. I'm still not satisfied with my nutrition either. I feel frustrated that I haven't stuck with any program long enough to find out what works for me: anabolic, eating clean, body ecology, zone, blood type. I'm starting to feel sorry for myself that there's no good fit for me. Since so many other people have found "the magic program" that works great for them. Pity party, I know. I just need to pick something and stick with it for a couple months. I guess there's not a program that I believe 100% in, but regardless, I know I could be making changes that they ALL have in common- cut out sugar, pitch refined carbs, and pile on the green veggies! While I've done that for the most part, Riley has dubbed me, "picker" because I'll pick at a cookie or chocolate chips here or there and think it doesn't count. I can tell that I've put on muscle from the Zone, but I don't like feeling bigger. My thighs rub together, I feel bloated, and I'm up 5 pounds. I like how the Body Ecology made me feel about myself, but I was losing strength and speed...and it was pretty tough to turn into a lifestyle. Why can't I find the balance of putting on muscle enough to tone but not to bust out of my jeans? Sorry ladies (I'm assuming most of the readers are ladies), just needed to vent :) Off to do 8 min abs b/c that always makes me feel better.

3 comments:

D. Frazier said...

I think you look great. And I also think you are too hard on yourself about your eating. At least 80% of the time you eat healthy which is much better than most americans.

Natalie said...

Michelle, you look amazing, can you imagine my frustrations, on the doctors scale i know they dont count musle but the say im overweight, you might feel bigger but lately you actually look very small lately. You look great!

Kristin said...

Michelle, You do look amazing. I'm constantly in awe of you. I understand, especially now, what it's like to not be where youwant to be. I wish you luck in getting there but I also wish you peace and love for your body.