Friday, September 18, 2009

Interval Run, Dead lift, Paleo 9

This afternoon I attempted my dreaded 4x1 mile at 7:45 min intervals. Didn't reach my goal, but I feel great about finishing, nonetheless, because I didn't quit after 3 like I was very tempted to do: I just kept thinking, "keep looking up and you won't vomit"
7:33, 7:40,7:51,8:11 When I got home and Riley saw how red my oxygen-deficient face was his comment was, "I think I made it too tough. Maybe next week we'll try at an 8 min pace." Intervals are my most dreaded runs, and this was the toughest interval workout I've ever done. 4 is a lot of rounds. Especially because any distance over 400m doesn't feel like a sprint to me!!! Followed the run with a quick deadlift workout: 3x152, 3x162, 4x172. 3x10 power snatches, 45# & 2x20 lunges.

As far as Paleo goes, I don't remember my morning weight because my chart sheet is in my Bible which is in my bag which is packed in the car because VACATION STARTS TOMORROW! We're so thrilled to be taking a family vacation to Florida. We'll be staying with Riley's younger sister most of the time, but for one glorious night we're meeting Ry's brother, Kyle, who hooked us up for a night in the Nickelodeon Hotel. So cool! If you get a chance, check out all the cool stuff at the hotel's blog (I'm too lazy to figure out a way to link it for you). I know we've got a sliming session waiting for us, but other than that, who knows! Anyway, back to Paelo, I had a good day. I bought two young coconuts, butsted them open myself using a screwdriver, hammer and an axe. I drained the milk, drank a ton, and then steamed some fresh veggies & shrimp in the milk. Delicious! I then scooped out a lot of the coconut flesh and shredded it in the food processer. I thought it tasted like a sweet delicacy, but Natalie, on the other hand, gagged on the texture that she claimed was like cartilidge :) So cheers to a creative lunch that boosted me through an un-necessary nap today!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

lol Yes cartilage HUMAN cartilage not that i eat humans but in my imaginative mind thats the exact texture it would be....lolololol, im defenitly ok with eating the same thing everyday but i gotta admit it was good.