Friday, September 11, 2009

3 Days On & Paleo Days 1 & 2

Wednesday 9/9
am goal: Tempo Run 3 mi at 8:45. Felt great and actually ran closer to an 8:30. Thrilled my calves are getting a lot stronger quickly!
late am: Shoulder Press 5x55, 5x58, 6x62
3x handstand holds...1:10 pr
3x15 push-ups
3x5 pull-ups

Thursday 9/10 Metcon Day Paleo Day 1
I chose Elizabeth and bumped it up 5 lbs to 185. Time was 8:35, so seconds slower than my best, but 5 lbs heavier so I feel good about it
Also, DAY 1 of my Paleo 30 Day Challenge. Natalie sent me some sites on the Paleo and since I'm a person who needs pretty strict boundaries, a 30 day challenge with tough guidelines is inticing to me. Without much thought I've decided to try the Paleo diet for 30 days. I'm hoping for 5 lbs weight loss w/o muscle loss, increase in strength and speed, clearer complexion. Maybe all or none of those things will happen. Who knows but I'm going for it and I'm sure I'll feel better from this change of eating, regardless. I'm not focusing on weighing my food or keeping track of portions. Simply trying to shovel in proteins, fats, fruits & veggies. If I'm hungry or irrtitable I'll eat and if I'm starting to feel full I'll stop.
Day 1: Am weight 136...no dairy, grains, sugar (even Stevia), peanuts, pb, processed foods. Started taking fish oil supplements as well. Lots of zucchini, red peppers, broccoli, carrots, eggs, some chicken, turkey, ham, pepperoni, some peaches, apples, blueberries, and hand fulls of almonds & pecans. Gonna work on consuming more water earlier in the day.

Friday 9/11 Interval Run & DL & Paleo Day 2
Slept like a rock last night and I'm feeling good. No fatigue. No headaches. No sugar-crashes. Love having fruit in the morning in place of toast or oatmeal. The egg usually doesn't sound good to me until AFTER a workout, but I'd still take an egg over a hunk of meat about 75% of the time.
Knocked out my dreaded 5x800 meter sprints shortly after Riley and Trey finished their row/clean challenge. My goal was to get under 3:45 for each sprint and my times were as follows:
3:43, 3:40, 3:40, 3:41, 3:40
Followed with DL 5x145, 5x155, 3 x 165. Only managed 3 on the last set. Feeling fatigued from sprints. Ended with 50 lunges (25 each leg).

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Awesome i can wait to talk more about how you feel on it, im still reading some some details about it and i think i will start the challenge too once im preped, so ill probably be a week behind you but it will be interesting to caompare, its the 30day that was interesting at least to see the difference.