Monday, October 20, 2008

5 Rounds

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95 pound Thruster, 5 reps
95 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
95 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

I used 65# today, which is the prescribed weight for women and I'm so proud of myself for doing so. Even though the weight felt incredibly heavy to me and my form was falling apart at the end, today boosted my confidence again in strength gains. Sometimes I get in these ruts of jealousy when I start comparing myself to others. When I step back and compare myself only to me I'm proud of how much strength I've gained these past 41/2 months. It's important that we remind ourselves that we were all created exactly how God wanted to create us & when we criticize ourselves or each other we're criticizing God's taste. Anywhoo...completed 5 rounds plus a little extra

2 comments:

D. Frazier said...

Michelle, I was just saying to Rick today that you have yet to realize that you are truly "strong". You always think everyone else is stronger than you. However, I really don't think that is true and once you mentally except hey I am pretty damn strong you will make even more strength gains. You have seen the most improvements of anyone I have ever seen in such a short period of time you should be proud of yourself.

Jen said...

As always, I enjoyed doing the wod with you. You are a super strong woman! Mentally, Physically & Spiritually. Thanks for reminding me to stop comparing myself to others...:) I needed that!