Wednesday, July 30, 2008

15K Run

I enjoy running. I have to admit, though, when I saw that today's WOD was to run a 15K I thought maybe it was a typo. I didn't know CrossFit worked on endurance running because I had only seen sprint workouts. I had to take the challenge to run this distance, but my big dilemma was whether or not to tackle the run in the nasty 90 degree heat or to endure the monotony of a treadmill. Natalie was gracious enough to keep the girls for me & when I realized I forgot my Camelback at home, the treadmill was calling for me. I ran 9 1/2 miles (I was guessing this was around a 15K) in 91:12...& then I soaked in the bathtub for a good half hour. So glad tomorrow is a rest day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I am always in awe of your endurance on the metcon and running WOD's. Maybe you can help me fix my running form one day :) Great Job!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KToth said...

You inspired me to do it. I was just going to sit that one out. But I realized that I might not be the best olympic lifter, but I can run, right?
I sent out at 5 a.m. today to run and the sky let loose, so I ran it at the gym, on the treadmill, too. And with a similar time. We really need to get together to run.
Isn't it nice to know that we can do that distance on a whim?

Natalie said...

Awesome job Michelle,I think if i didnt convinve you to run at the gym because the heat was to bad to run mid day you still would have done it. Alright Kristin, I think its amazing that we all have our strenghts, im just glad im not a runner because then id have too much competition, i hate to admit it but i do get a little competitive sometimes.