Saturday, January 17, 2009

Double Yuck!

WOD: 10K Run

Normally I love it when the runs show up for the WOD (and last night I went to bed excited about it) BUT I woke up so sore today from yesterday's WO that I was dreading this run. I didn't have it in me to try for a pr, and I was secretly hoping Saedi would cry the whole time so someone would come get me. But no one came & I felt like a trapped gerbil spinning on my wheel in the stuffy YMCA. My 10K attempt: 1st mile plus some change on the elliptical at about a 10 min pace and then last 5 miles on treadmill (b/c one finally became available) at a 9 min pace...which was a struggle for me. My quads and hamstrings were so tight & my legs felt like dead weight. It was the toughest run in a while b/c I didn't have the energy to push myself (and honestly the 9 min pace felt like I was pushing it), and I blame it on those dang thrusters!!! I don't know what I hope tomorrow's wo is, b/c my entire body is sore today.

1 comment:

D. Frazier said...

Michelle I don't know how you ran today. My legs actually hurt not just sore. I felt guilty when I saw you ran so I did yesterdays CFE rowing was killing my abs as well as my legs ugh. I can't wait for rest day!