Friday, January 23, 2009

Best $10 Spent in a While

Since the girls were sick I cancelled our Fri morn plans last night, and then I happily awoke today to two healthy girls this morning. So, since I had no plans, and it was 50 degrees at 8am I called hourly care and to my amazement they had slots available. All that to say, I got to go on a nice,long run in beautiful weather. A run in shorts and a tank top even.
I've been debating whether to try for the Music City Marathon this year. I feel like it's a great time in my life to give it a try, but at the same time I remember how destructive the OBX Marathon was on my body over 2 years ago. So, I was looking at a training schedule yesterday and according to that plan, I should be up to 12 miles already. A little freaked out, I told myself that if I could run 12 miles out of the blue, than I would be strong enough to try for the marathon.
So, that's what I did today. 12-13 mile run (I accidently stopped my watch but didn't realize it for a while so I'm not exactly sure how far I went)...and I was able to do it. I think I was at about a 10 min pace. So, I did it, but I still don't know if I want to do the marathon. I can be indecisive sometimes.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Congrats on a 12 mile run no matter what you end up deciding!