Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Gumby Project

I did the WOD today (just too lazy to re-write my numbers) & I was most proud of my 4 consecutive pull-ups. I was most confronted by the stinking squats again, but this time I carried home a strong desire to improve my back squat. I'm really struggling with my form, especially my knees buckling in, when I add any kind of weight to the bar. So, I've decided to start "The Gumby Project" (because I look like a messed up form of Gumby, the flexible, green creature when I squat) & one month from now I hope to have beautiful weighted squat form. Not sure how I'm going to get there yet, & I'd like to have more specific goals, but I'll have a plan mapped out by the end of the week.

WOD:
Five rounds for max reps of:
Body weight bench press
Pull-ups
Body weight back squat

Also, a special shoutout goes to Jess today for helping out with my fussy kids & working with me out back...thanks girl!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

oh that is too funny!youll get it no problem. and your legs are looking more and more muscular everytime i see you i just keep looking at you legs because im so impressed of your progress on that area.

Kristin said...

Awesome Michelle! Can't wait to check out your legs!

Anonymous said...

lol you are too funny! Let me know if you need help with anything, I am going to look online and see if there are any squat progression programs you could try... I still think the high reps with bar will help your muscle memory then maybe as you add weight, go down in reps.... add 5#, go down 5 reps.. just a thought. Keep up the good work girl!