Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Great Run


This morning Riley hung out with the girls & I went on a 5 mile run alone (with my ipod, of course). I'm thrilled that I ran it in 43:19 because that means I was under a 9 minute pace! This is the fastest I've run in a long time so I feel like all the sprint-work I've been doing is starting to help my speed.

This afternoon Riley & I went to the gym together & we both did the WOD: dL 5x3:115,120,125,130,135 (I think this is right...the progression might be wrong but I know my max x3 was 135) Tried to get a new single pr, but it wasn't happening...Rick says I need to get mad :)

I think I'm going to take a CrossFit break for the weekend...I'm feeling burnt out & unable to make new prs right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your ability as a runner amazes me! I know that is just not in the cards for me :) I think your idea to take a few days off is a good idea. Your body will let you know when you need a break. Its good that you are in tune enough to listen to it! Take a nice long break this weekend... and come back refreshed and ready :)