Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Diet

Since being sick last Wednesday I've been taking it easy with exercising. I guess I've been using this time to recover and catch up on house and kids things. Since I haven't been exercising I've actually lost weight and that, again, confirms my bad eating habits when I work out. When I don't work out I'm not hungry enough to make bad eating choices. However, I feel terribly famished after a hard workout and/or I justify myself with, "since I worked out hard I can eat the sweets." I have been wanting to change my bad eating habits for a while and I spent this last week reading, writing up a monthly meal plan, and trying to stay within my budget for groceries. Today was my first day. I'm combining info I've read from the Zone and the Blood Type Diet. I know I've only completed Day 1, but I'm proud of myself for not caving into sugar (except for 2 bites of Saedi's chocolate pudding) and the convenience of peanut butter sandwiches. I'm hoping if I post my daily nutrition I'll feel more accountable.
Here's roughly my nutrition for the day:
Starting weight: 131#
Calories: 1600
Fat 29%; 52 grams
Carb: 39%; 163 grams
Protein: 32%; 126 grams...hooray! I made it over 100 grams!!!

1 comment:

D. Frazier said...

Nice job on the protein Michelle! Looks like a good mix.