Monday, November 17, 2008

Heart to Heart with Myself

Hi, I'm Michelle and I'm addicted to sugar.

I haven't felt well all day. Saedi had me up a couple times last night and I'm battling a dry, itchy throat. But...to top it all off I've come to the conclusion that I'm a sugar-holic. It's true. Sometimes I wonder why I'm grouchy and feel like crap. Sure, I can put the blame on other sources, but consistently my demon is the same- a poor diet. In fact, already today I ate a couple lemon bars, a chocolate chip cookie (amazing it was only one), a couple chocolate with caramel filling, and an oatmeal-raisin cookie plus some dough. C'mon! What is my deal? I can't even believe I have that much crap in my house! And protein...protein...where are thee protein?

Yes, you all say I'm self-motivated. I have drive. I have a strong will. I can push myself. I know those attributes about myself, but I also know I have a nasty addiction to the sweet stuff. I need accountability. Anyone wanna accept my invitation to be my accountability partner? Help me set goals? Ask me daily? Get honest with me when I need it?

SP: 50,55,60,65,70(f),67(f)
PP(x3): 55,60,65,70,75(2)
PJ(x5): 45,55,65,70,75(3)

CFE on C2: 3 x 1k repeats not deviating more then 10 seconds. 2 min recoveries. 4:43 pace for 1k

4 comments:

D. Frazier said...

You're too funny Michelle. Maybe if you just allowed yourself one sweet treat a day it might be manageable.

Jen said...

if you cut it out completely then you might be more likely to splurge (that's me speaking from experience). i usually do my one sweet thing after dinner...the end to my day. you can do it girl! by the way, you are so funny! ;)

Natalie said...

OK O ki wasnt gonna give away my secret wweapon for last week, but i was concentrating on my nutrition , u know ive told you this before nutrition is 80% and exercise 20% seriously look how harrd we train and we need to feed our bodies the right way. Eat evewry 2-3 hours and balanced meals, even if you not hungry when you wake up, EAT, so last week what kept me sain was my sweet coffee, fruit and a few other little things here and there, and sunday i had a big piece of chessecake with pizza slice for super but i didnt opver do it, so all week i felt great, im gonna see how this works for 12 weeks and its realistic for me its not a diet, i havent been hungry, and the other thing michelle dont keep that stuff in your house, i mean i keep some things but your pantry is the baking aisle in the grocery store , SORRY IF THATS TOO HONEST. im just still 20lbs overweight cause i ate like a pig with meadows pregnancy but i plan to go back to what used to work for me, i try to think of my future health, how to eat to maintain musle, and my strenght, im not so worried about my scale numbers. DO set goals but small ones.

Kristin said...

Sugar is the devil. Have you read Clean Eating by Toni Roseco (think that's her name)? Totally transformed my eating habits for a few months. Jon and I still try and follow the sugar is the devil rule. Although, I have to admit, we both cave in more than we'd like. I'm like Jen. I like to have a sweet thing after dinner. I'm hooked on chocolate Ovaltine right now. Good Luck. If you want to borrow the clean eating book just let me know.