Thursday, December 4, 2008

One of Those Days...

I woke up this morning excited that I was going to have 5 whole hours to myself. I had booked hourly care for the girls so I could get my hair cut and do whatever else I felt like doing. Well, at 9 this morning I got the girls bundled & packed for a day away from home. I was ready to head to the gym but when I tried to start my car it wouldn't turn over. Riley was gone and not picking up his phone and the thought of staying in all day made my skin crawl. I texted Dymphna and within 5 minutes Rick was over rolling my car out of the garage, attaching jumper cables, and getting my car to start again. God bless Rick! I was apprehensive that it was going to be "one of those days" but all turned out well after all.
I bumped my front squat up to 100# (pr from 95) and then worked on snatch grip dead lifts and power snatches. I bought groceries in a quarter of the time it takes me with the girls, got more texture added to my hair, finished shopping for Ellie's birthday, cleaned a portion of my house, and went on a quick run. And I feel refreshed having a day away from the girls. Well worth the $20 for childcare!
For my run I did CrossFit Endurance from a few days ago: 1mile Time Trial. I warmed up with a 1/2 mi jog and then ran my mile in 7:10 and then cooled down with a mile jog. It wasn't that long ago that running an 8 min mile felt like a far-fetched dream, so again, I'm thrilled at the improvements CrossFit has made in my running. Cheers to a great day!

2 comments:

D. Frazier said...

Very nice on the run!!!

Natalie said...

DO you think hourly care will take my girls for a week?? glad you had a realzing day especially a run without the girls only you and your thoughts....hopefully you dont look like Jim Carey nomore..lololol all with love