Saturday, December 13, 2008

10K Run


Although I'm still doing the strength cycle, I couldn't resist giving today's WOD a try. I ran the 10K in 52:14 with the family... so Riley pushed the stroller...woo hoo! This is a new pr for me...8:25 pace!!! My old time just last month was 56:32 (granted, I was pushing the girls then) I got a new pr on my 5K time as well: 26:20 compared to 27:16 back in August. Wow! CrossFit continues to amaze me...I'm hardly running and I'm continuing to get faster. I'm actually kind of sad that the strength cycle is coming to an end but it did feel good running again.
Since I've been terrible about blogging lately, I'll try to remember my past work outs:
Yesterday/Friday: Did a few sprints to warm up. Full Power Snatches 7x1...no new pr's b/c my left shoulder was starting to hurt. I think I only got up to 65#. I worked on regular snatches 5x3 and stopped around 55#. Did 50 box jumps as fast as I could and then a 10 min ab workout.
Thursday: Shoulder press, push press and push jerk. New pr on the shoulder press- I bumped up to 70 lbs from 67. Maxed out doing 7 dead-hang pull-ups at home.

No comments: