Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

So, I accidentally posted that last blog on my Crossfit blog instead of my family blog, but it (and Natalie's most recent post) reminded me I need to get back to recording my fitness endeavors. I really have no grand plans except to:
1. fit back into my best jeans by April
2. run the Nashville half marathon one last time
Riley's encouraging me to try to change my workouts from moderate to extreme. Instead of my normal 3 mile runs, he thinks it would be a better use of my time to do interval training in both speed and weights. The goal is to push really hard some days and rest really hard the other days. So, gotta bring CFE and CFF back into my life. I want to make up a rough schedule in the next few days and have him look at it. Rick set up a lifting platform for me before he left, our new CF equip is unpacked, and the power rack arrived today. Once I recruit Nat & Jen to help me set up the power rack I'll start adding more CF style lifting.
Today:
am: CFE running 4×5 min intervals w/3min recovery between rounds. I held an 8 min pace for the 1st two rounds and then had to slow to an 8:13 pace for the last two rounds. I think it was roughly 3.5 miles total. I followed that with 30 min of the Core Fusion class at the YMCA.
Oh, and I know I'm the most inconsistent dieter, but I'm attempting a mostly paleo diet again. Isaac has pretty back reflux & eczema. After reading and talking with various people, I'm going to do my best to cut dairy and gluten out of my diet, and hopefully within a month he'll be able to get off of Zantac. Truly, it's what I believe is best anyway, but if in the past I've failed doing it for myself, maybe this will be the extra motivation I need. I'll still eat oatmeal, beans and some other non-paleo foods, but attempting a mainly paleo diet again.

2 comments:

D. Frazier said...

He's beautiful.

KToth said...

Cool platform! I want one! Maybe then I'll actually use the weights I've had in the garage for 4 years.
Also, I forgot to tell you. The twins were on Zantac for several weeks and when I saw no improvement, I saw the pediatric gastroenterologist at Vandy. (VanderVeen referred them. His idea.) She gave them nexium and that worked a lot better, but I was able to ease them off of that before their first birthday.