Friday, October 2, 2009

Pilates, Tempo, Paleo Day 23

Thursday 10/1 30 min Pilates. I'be been tired lately and muscles sore so a dug out my pilates dvd and it was the perfect workout for the day.

Today: 1 mile warm-up, 4 mile tempo run at 8:40 pace, 1.5 mile cool down. 60 degrees in Ohio and it felt great running in the cool weather.

Paleo is still going well. I've only got a week until my 30 day challenge is over! I've really enjoyed the Paleo. I feel good about myself, I lost the 5 lbs I was hoping for, I don't have sugar crashes, constipation or swelling. I love the fact that I don't have to weigh my food. If I'm hungry I eat and I know what I'm allowed to eat...meat, fruits, veggies, nuts (minus peanuts) and seeds. It's a no-brainer diet with discipline. Today I went to an Amish store with my mom and she treated me to dried mangos, dried figs, and a date roll made from dates, coconut and almonds...delicious! It's fun to come across "special treats" that don't make me feel guilty. While I can still have a variety of tasty foods, I'm already to looking forward to breaking the fast in Hawaii with a pina colada or a chocolate milkshake on the beach! I think I will try to keep following the Paleo with a cheat day every Saturday.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

wow thats great!!! im excited for you and Hawaii! And im glad your 13 miles felt good.