Friday, October 9, 2009

Paleo Day 30!!!


Ran 4 miles this morning and then spent a lot of time playing in the ocean today. Today is my last day of the 30 day Paleo challenge! I'm proud of myself for committing and following through and I'm excited that I found an eating style that I believe in. Because we're still in Hawaii, I'm not in a place to weigh myself or check my body fat but I'm pretty sure I've lost at least 5 lbs and I feel good about myself. I have more muscle tone, but I don't know if it's because I've gotten stronger or because I've lost some fat. Either way, I like the results and I haven't lost any strength or speed (while I'm not sure if I've gained in either category). The last component I wanted to evaluate was my skin complexion and I don't see a difference in that. I asked Riley if he noticed any difference in me. Besides the physical changes I mentioned above he noticed that I wasn't as moody and dissatisfied with my body. So...many positive results from Paleo. My plan from here is to continue with the Paleo but add a cheat day on Saturday's where I eat what I want. We'll see if the cheat day makes the diet easier or harder for me than I'll go from there and re-evaluate. And for those of you who know me so well, you know that I've been dreaming up all the foods I'm going to devour tomorrow, so here's my plan:
Breakfast buffet at hotel with french toast & pancakes with all the works, bacon, pastries, juice, etc
Lunch at Chinatown where I devour loads of fried rice, spring rolls, dumplings & bean pastries
Dinner at a local Italian joint called Due Divino Pastaria where I tackle some super-cheesy pizza
Dessert at the hotel: chocolate melting cake with coconut gelato...my two favorite desserts in one!
Throw in chocolate covered macademia nuts & a pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks as snacks & that should be a successful cheat day!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow thats awesome after so many different attempts, i think it would be great for me too especially when i read about people who eventually are gaining performance, and you have been on the road so to have stuck with it that long im proud, i just need to drop some LBS first, i defenitly love the freedom of it.

Have a good time Michelle and dont forget that pina colada lots of coconut, hopefully it dont taste like cartilage LOLOLOL dont forget my souvenir lol (jk)

D. Frazier said...

Great job Michelle :) I hope you are enjoying you trip and your cheat day sounds great.