Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Marathon?

Been running a lot and loving it. There are so many hills here...literally everywhere. While I don't like running hills I can tell my legs are getting stronger and finally after months of a standstill I'm starting to shed. I'm trying to take Sunday's as a rest day but I ran yesterday with 2 gals I hadn't run with before- Suzanne, who is Tammy's good friend and training for the Philly marathon & Haley, who has the most beautiful legs & is training or the Marine Corp marathon. I was so proud of myself for hanging with the fast girls today, and they're trying to convince me to train for a marathon as well. Needless to say, the bug has been planted and I'm seriously considering! Anyway...
Saturday:
7.31 miles
Time: 1:09:52
Pace: 9.33
(I haven't been wearing Garmin but Suzanne was tracking & sent me the stats)
Friday:
3 or 4 mile run uphill to reservoir and back plus lots of walking since the kids and I walked to swimming pond
Thursday
I found this on Nat's blog so I thought I would try. It was supposed to be 8 rounds, but I only lasted 4...
1 JAY WALK ( 50M WALKING PISTOLS) I DID LUNGES THEN RIGHT INTO 200M SPRINT
7 WALL FACING SQUATS
7 SIT UPS
10 AND RELEASE JUMPING PUSH UPS
10 RING DIPS ( I DID ASSISTED WITH BANDS)
5 WALL CLIMBS- these were horrible. Nauseating & headachy. NASTY!
Wednesday:
speed work

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Its always been your thing!!! I think you should do a marathon, keep some CF 3 times a week and keep the running your main thing while training, funny ive been thinking of you lately cause im so discouraged on my running, partly cause of my extra wieght i think it will get better but still i just think i dont know how to run, im the slowest, there some women of all shapes and sizes and some who never exercised before and they are running right by me lol kills me, youll have to take me for a run when I visit and teach me! Im serious ill try and hang with ya!

Tammy said...

Glad you all hooked up! I'm not doing so hot:( I haven't made any connections here for that kind of training so I may be backing down to the half. Praying for you and your family that Soloman can join you real soon!