Friday, May 13, 2011

CFT Hit 2009 pr!

Workouts lately have been tough. I'm pretty much following the main Crossfit site plus adding some running, usually 2-3 times a week. Always a sprint & a tempo and if I make time I'll throw a long run in there too. I'm able to run 5 miles in my five fingers pretty easily under a 9 min pace so I'm happy with that considering I'm still weighing around 135.

Only 1 more week of the paleo challenge left. I've cheated a few times- peanuts, cliff bar, cheetos, red wine, whoppers. I'm still proud of myself because never once did I feel out of control with it. I do eat when I'm stressed, but I didn't beat myself up about it & I didn't tell myself, "You've screwed up already so just eat what you want. You blew it." Instead, I got right back to eating healthy. I feel fabulous. My skin is clearer & less dry. My allergies are still bad, which I was hoping wouldn't be the case. Isaac's reflux is waaaaaay better. I've not lost any weight besides maybe 1/2-1lbs, which has surprised me. I expected to lose 3-4 lbs, but it's not been the case. I wish I had measured myself, although my clothes aren't fitting looser. I can tell that I'm stronger, my muscles are more defined, and my cellulite is almost non-existent. I feel tight & firm and there's no better feeling then that! Even with no weight loss my attitude about myself has improved a ton and that has been invaluable and Riley's favorite part of the experiment as well. Pics coming on Thursday!

The workouts:
Today's CFT 420 (I reached my old CFT pr back in April 2009!!!!)
BS: 140 (old pr!!!)
DL 205 (10 lbs off pr)
SP 75 (old pr)
Yesterday:
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
Run 400 meters (I rowed 500m(
7 Muscle-ups (I subbed 21 pullups with band and 21 dips)
*my triceps are still so weak that I couldn't even do ring holds! gotta work on that. Only completed 3 rounds
Wednesday:
am: ran for 30 min: 5 min warmup, 1 min on/ 1 min off, 5 min cool down. Stayed between 7 and 730 pace for majority

pm: Five rounds for time of:
135 pound Overhead squat, 5 reps...I used 75#
10 Toes to bar
40 pound dumbbell Hang squat clean, 15 reps...I used a bar & forget how much weight
20 Double-unders
*This workout was toughest one I'd done in a long time. Took me over 30 min. Riley went after me & finished in 18 something.


1 comment:

D. Frazier said...

That is impressive! I bet you look amazing. Ry is looking pretty good himself :)